Use one of the only scientifically proven courses in Arizona. National Traffic Safety Institute brand programs are proven at reducing future traffic violations. In fact, NTSI’s Arizona Defensive Driving Course is the only course that has been studied by the Arizona Supreme Court in their study Defensive Driving Program Recidivism Evaluation.
Arizona Defensive Driving School
A course you can trust
NTSI’s Arizona Defensive Driving Course is proven to reduce future traffic violations. Invest your time wisely!
Take our award-winning online course at your own pace, where you want and when you want.* No Hassles!
Safe & Secure
Complete your transaction with confidence through our safe and secure encypted payment gateway.
Conveniently participate in the course anywhere through your mobile phone or tablet!
Our Arizona Defensive Driving Course is the only course that has been studied by the Supreme Court in their Defensive Driving Program Recidivism Evaluation.
Students requesting a refund within 3-days from the day of payment who have not started the course are eligible for a full refund.
Arizona gives you the opportunity to avoid paying your ticket and having the points appear on your Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) for certain violations. The Administrative Office of the Courts (AOC) requires the following:
- The course may only be completed once every 12 months from the date of your last violation.
- A State Fee of $20 and State Surcharge of $45
- A copy of your citation and your license (or other, government-issued identification) is required to complete the course.
- The course must be completed at least 7 days before your court deadline date.
- Effective 9/1/2019, commercial driver license holders are eligible for defensive driving school in order to dismiss a civil traffic moving violation issued pursuant to chapter 3, article 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 or 15 of Title 28, provided that:
- The violation date is on or after 9/1/2019.
- The individual was driving a vehicle requiring a Class D or a Class M license.
- The vehicle was not being used for commercial purposes.
- Meets the other defensive driving eligibility requirement for non-commercial driver license holders.
- We honor the $44 classroom fee for the following schools:
- 402, 416, 454, 470, 496, 499, 507, and 508.
- For classroom courses, we charge a $15 door fee when making your payment the day of the class. This fee is waved when you prepay at the very latest the day before the class. Save money by calling (800)726-6874.
- We reserve the right to charge a $10 processing fee when returning funds to the card you use to purchase this course.
- For more information, please contact the AOC at (888)334-5565, email them at [email protected], or visit their website.
By completing this course, those who have received eligible moving violations will have the citations dismissed with no repercussions on your driving record.
Affirmation of Eligibility
Affirmation of Eligibility: By Registering for this course, I affirm that I am eligible to attend a defensive driving course for citation dismissal. I understand that “eligibility” means:
- I have not attended a defensive driving class for any Arizona citation within 12 months of the date of the citation for which I am now attending.
- My traffic violation did not result in a collision that killed or seriously injured any person (serious injury defined in ARS 13-105.34).
- I am not currently registered for nor do I plan to attend any other defensive driving course for citation dismissal until such a time as I am again eligible.
- I do not possess a Commercial Driver License, or if I do, I have a court order to attend and I understand my attendance is not for the dismissal of my citation whether or not I was driving commercially at the time the citation was issued.
- I was not cited for a criminal speeding ticket (21 or more miles over the speed limit).
- I did not receive a DPS photo ticket
- I was not cited for a violation which occurred while operating a commercial motor vehicle that requires a commercial driver license
I understand it is solely my responsibility to affirm my eligibility. Highway Defensive Driving has performed an eligibility check as a courtesy to me; however, the results of the check are not absolute. If I am later found ineligible to attend for this citation, the court will not dismiss the citation and all fees paid to attend may not be returned. I understand that by attending defensive driving school for this citation and having the citation dismissed, I am giving up my right to challenge the citation and will be ineligible to attend defensive driving school to have future citations dismissed for 12 months. I understand this dismissal applies to ONLY ONE citation. If I have multiple citations, or I am found ineligible to attend for this citation, I will resolve those citations with the court of jurisdiction.